Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I am my worst enemy

I get down on myself, get in a rut with my workouts and struggle to compete with myself and what I expect as a bare minimum. Today I went to the gym "as usual" and did my hour of cardio and pushups "as usual" followed by my Future Soldier Training with the ARMY. I arrived at the office burnt! from my workout at the gym. I was told " We are going to PT today" ( PT is this: max amount of sit-ups you can do in 2 minutes, max amount of push-ups you can do in 2 minutes and a 2 mile times run.)

Lets just say, I can say for the first time in a long time I am proud of myself. 65 pushups, 84 sit-ups and 2 miles in 12:57.  For a girl... I was told by my Sergeant that I maxed out the "Women's Extended Goals" meaning... I placed into the male fitness category. I felt so happy. All my work is paying off.

As I was doing my push- ups next to another  physically fit male as the sergeants were counting, he said " Just so you know... A girl is beating you!!!" All the future soldiers chuckled.

Sergeant Croy said that since I met and exceeded my goals for the female category that all I needed was 10 more push-ups , and I would have met the Section A category for male!!! That's the best of the best. To max out the men... I need 75 pushups 80 sit ups and run 2 miles in less than 13 minutes... 10 more pushups and I am there!!!

2 comments:

  1. Heather I'm so glad to see someone is breaking the chain (female that is) in our family and going for all that you got girl! So proud of you.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no doubt that you are going to be right up there with the guys in BMT, and even beyond that! Your awesome Heather, keep up the good work and you will go far in the military! Cant wait to hear more about your progress :) And always remember you have a world of people standing behind you!

    ReplyDelete